PASSENGER INFORMATION – CORONAVIRUS: Batorama would like to inform you about the measures put in place
France is in Phase 2 of the Coronavirus epidemic. This means that a number of centres of infection have been identified. These centres are referred to as clusters. To date, there have been no clusters declared in Strasbourg or the Bas-Rhin region. No restrictive measures are therefore being applied locally, aside from the national requirements.
Nevertheless, we have put in place a whole series of actions aimed at enhancing the health safety of our passengers and employees.
1. Information brochures available from 5 March 2020
To inform visitors and staff, we have published information brochures on Covid-19 (Coronavirus) based on government documents. These brochures are available in French, English and Chinese.
These are available free of charge from the Batorama shop, located in Place de la Cathédrale, and onboard our boats. A copy has been given to all Batorama staff members.
2. Regular disinfection measures from 6 March 2020
In addition to requesting increased cleaning in frequent contact areas on company premises, we have also set up a cleaning plan for high-traffic customer areas:
- Shop staff are responsible for cleaning the counters and counter equipment, self-service machines at the front of the shop and stair rails.
- A cleaning company is disinfecting the contact points onboard the boats after each tour of the city. This company is also responsible for cleaning the audio headphones and control units when the boats are not in service.
- The handrails and barriers of the three pontoons and the ticket counter are also disinfected each day. Hand sanitizer is available to crew and passengers on boarding the boats.
Hand sanitizer is also available in the shop.
Audio commentary of the Strasbourg boat tour is available via headset. As stated above, our headsets are disinfected each day. However, as recommended in our environmental responsibility, we strongly urge passengers to use their own earphones or headphones instead of the headphones located on the seats.
Please note that connection to our system is via jack plug.
What’s more, the crew can provide passengers with single-use ear protectors on request. These high-quality ear protectors can be reused. We therefore ask passengers not to throw them away. At the end of your boat trip, if you do not wish to keep them, please hand them back to the crew. Any headphones left behind will be handed to our waste management provider.
4. What next?
Batorama has set up a permanent unit to track the spread of Coronavirus. We are taking the necessary measures to reassure our employees and passengers and ensure their safety.